Monday, March 10, 2014

My Creative Scrapbook - Stamping Ideas!

Hello!  The March Limited Edition Kit has a set of beautiful stamps matching the gorgeous Prima Something Blue collection.  I want to share with you a few fun ways to use your stamps. 
For my first example, I  chose " Always" stamp.  I started by using a marker to color only the gorgeous flourish frame around the word only...NOT the word!
I stamped the frame onto the background the paper filling in behind my flowers cluster adding a bit of texture to the cluster.
 Here you can see it stamped three times around the flower cluster.
 
 For my second example, I used the canvas banners in the Brads set found in the kit.
I used the both word stamps....This time we will be inking only the words and NOT the outer frames.
The ingenious shape of Ingvild Blooms stamps makes it perfect to color in the word only.
Stamp the word directly onto the banner.
TADA!!
For my third example, I chose a lighter color - Ingvild Bloom's Pastel Pink.
This time I inked the entire stamp and placed it directly onto the photo for a light touch of texture!
A closeup of the stamp on the photo.
Lastly, I used the larger frame stamp in the set.
For this example, I inked only HALF of the fame stamp.   I placed the stamp directly on the background paper.  Once again inking only HALF the fame, I stamped a second time.  As you can see here, I didn't get it exactly lined up but once I add the layers and photo you won't even notice! 
Here you can see the banners, photo, and frame! 
I would love to see how you use the stamps! 
To see the complete kit, check out My Creative Scrapbook.  For more tutorials and tips stop by My Creative Scrapbook blog!
Thanks for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

Jean Bullock said...

So beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial.

Kim said...

First of all what Beautiful layouts! I really enjoyed the stamping tutorial!! I never thought to use my stamps the way you did! I have to try this really soon. Maybe I will start using my stamps a lot more!
~Kim