Thursday, October 10, 2013

My Creative Scrapbook tutorial - covering chipoard

Hello!  I want to share with you how I created my distressed chipboard circle....the chipboard circle from Leaky Shed comes in the Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.
 
I used the chipboard circle and pattern paper from the kit, gesso, and a file.
 
I glued the chipboard piece to the backside of my pattern paper.  Ranger Glossy Accents is my go-to glue for this type of project because it sets and dries very quickly.  Once the glue had dried, I cut away the pattern paper.  I don't get to worried about getting it cut perfectly since I plan to distress the edges. 
 
I dry brush gesso in random areas to create a muted and distressed feel.
 
As you can see, random areas have been touched, but not solid around the circle.
 
Next, I file around the outer and inner edges of the circle.  Some areas I do gently, other a bit rougher.  Filing will even out the rough cut edges as well as created a distressed look. 
 
A close up of my filed edges!
 
My finished circle before I added it to the layout!

I hope you have enjoyed today's quick tip!  Check out My Creative Scrapbook to purchase this kit, and to get a peek at all the other kits available!
 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: