Saturday, June 23, 2012

Red, White, and Blue



Hello! Today’s 12x12 layout is inspired by this weeks challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs, Red White and Blue.
 I started by creating a border around my background paper with Lace Light Deco Border. Next, I layered the Nautical Wheeler Doily, Mega Tea Party Doily, and the center of the Polynesian Sails Oval Doily. To matte my photo, I chose to stagger to cuts from the middle size French Flair Classic Silver Stacker. Along the bottom you see the Flower Chain Border resting atop the Border Carnivale.
To create the banner, I used half of the center cut of Polynesian Sails Oval for each pennant.

 I really wanted to add a flag to my little cluster but didn’t have one. What does a crafty person do when they can find what they are looking for? Create their own! For the red piece, I cut the smallest of the Scalloped Coved Rectangle Small Stacker Nesting Dies. I handstiched some stripes and created French knots for the stars. Once complete, I wrapped the coved edge around a toothpick for the pole. It’s not politically correct but it is original! J The flower was created using the Medium Rose. Foilage is from the Olive Branch, Flourish Leaf Strip, and Small Leaves #2.


There is still time to get your entry in for this weeks challenge, also being your entry for the Big Shot! Details Here
Have a great weekend, and thank you for stopping by.


6 comments:

Shellye McDaniel said...

GORGEOUS! Beautiful layering of this and I am totally in LOVE with that flag!!!! TFS :)

farmhouse-story said...

loving the banner, star and flag esp, jodi! happy weekend!

scrappingnana said...

Gorgeous layout. Love the colors and your flag, as well as all the diecutes. TFS

Susan said...

Super cute layout, I especially love the doily banner!!

curlyqmosaics said...

WOW! Let me just start off by saying, I am so glad you didn't already have a little flag to work with...because the one you created is by far the coolest little flag I have ever seen! :)

Your overall layout is gorgeous, and your attention to detail is amazing. Love, love, love all the doilies and lacey borders. TFS!

xxxtglxxx said...

This is glorious Jodi - stunning dies, details and fun pic! :)

xx