Saturday, January 28, 2012

Embossing Adventures


Hello! I'm here with some embossing fun, inspired by this weeks challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs! I’ve created a simple, yet elegant card just by adding layers of dies. I started by cutting my base card using the Square Scallop Nesting Die, layering it with the Classic Silver Stacker Square. I just love that the Silver stackers are the perfect fit for the Nesting dies, taking out all the guessing work!



To create the lacy border, I cut two pieces from Francesca and placed the flat edges together. After adding a piece of satin ribbon, I topped it with the Flower Chain Border which I trimmed to fit. For a bit of interest, I added texture to my Classic Circle Silver Stacker layer using the Petite Hearts XL Embossing Plate before adhering to the Scalloped Circle Nesting diecut. Yes! It is okay to emboss your pattern papers too, just make sure your patterns compliment each other!




 I embellished my card using the smaller heart from Two of Hearts, topped with a Large Rose. I lightly brushed the edges of the petals with Shimmerz Paints before assembling the flower. I tucked leaves from Stacker Flower #1, along with Olive Branches in around the flower. Remember I said I had trimmed the Flower Chain Border to fit? I saved the remaining pieces and trimmed the excess chain from the leftover flowers, adding the flowers to the bouquet!

Thank you to all the ladies that have been participating in our challenges! I really enjoy visiting your blogs, and seeing your lovely work! If you haven’t joined in yet there is still time to enter this weeks challenge! Details here.

Thanks for stopping by!!!



3 comments:

scrappingnana said...

This is gorgeous. Love all your elements. I like your background paper also as I see my last name in the upper right corner. Thanks for sharing.

Luz Maria Bruna said...

This is such a sweet card my friend!!

farmhouse-story said...

so much to love here, jodi! the bitty embossed hearts are so sweet on the patterned paper are my favorite:) have a great week!