Friday, October 21, 2011

More Quick Quotes!

Friday means Challenge day at Quick Quotes!
Today’s layout features Quick Quotes gorgeous Damsel in Distress line and their Glitter Diecuts …very beautiful adhesive chipboard pieces!!!
Today’s challenge is to create handmade flowers for your layout. 



To create the ribbon flower, I cut a small square of cardboard and applied a dollop of my favorite quick dry glue. Starting in the center, I carefully wound the ribbon around until I had the flower as big and full as I wanted it. After the glued dried, I cut off the excess cardboard and added a brad in the center.

Using my Cricut Expression and pattern paper, I cut three sizes of scalloped circles for each of the paper flowers. I cut little slits at each scallop to create petals. Using a piece of sponge, I applied Quick Quotes Powder Puffs ink to the edges and center of the flowers for a bit of variation of color in the flowers. I finished by stacking the three layers together and adhered with a brad. Once complete, I scrunched and curled the petals with my finger tips.

Check out Quick Quotes blog for challenge details!  I would love to have you come join us!!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

What a gorgeous page and art piece! Love the flowers, your tutorial is fabulous too... new to your blog, very impressed and now following!

Liz said...

Always Gorgeous my fair lady

farmhouse-story said...

your flower is so pretty--thanks for the tut, jodi amazing page, as always:)

**Treefrog** said...

Love your layout, it is truly a work of Art Jodi, and your flowers are Gorgeous! Love the tutorial, I'll definetly be trying this one! So glad you enjoyed the challenge!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Sandie said...

Really lovely layout Jodi, have never heard of quick quotes, so will check them out.