Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Scrappy Day!!!

(Please excuse the weird spaces in my post...blogger is going wacky! I hope they fix it soon!!)

Isn’t she just precious?! After scrapping mainly boys for so many years, I am delighted to scrap some pink frilly goodness! The cardstock, ink, chipboard and lovely felt flower are courteous of my kit from Shawn Davis Designs. She hand makes the felt flowers herself! Aren’t they adorable!!





Here is a close up of Shawn’s handmade felt flower.





Using my Cricut Expression and Storybook Cartridge, I cut the circles for my handmade flowers. Before assembling the flowers, I inked the edges for a bit of color. The leaves were also cut from the Storybook Cartridge. Using my i-rock from Imaginisce, I added a splash of sparkle here an there adding to the femiinine feel.





Using the ink from my kit, I covered a chipboard butterfly from my stash. After the ink had dried, I stamped the word/music image onto the butterfly. I finished the butterfly off with a hand stitched trail.





I love using my Gypsy when cutting! Not only can I use the layer feature to see how everything aligns before it cuts, it also allows me to weld letters together as I did in the shadow of my title!



Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Mothers day
Another masterpiece
I cannot wait to get my gypsy lessons from you xoxox
Have a good day

From The Owls' Nest said...

absolutely beautiful Jodi....I would expect no less from you!!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

This is just beautiful Jodi! I love the gypsy work and the embellies from Shawn D. are just wonderful!!!

You ROCK!!!

farmhouse-story said...

gorgeous work, jodi! sweet baby pic, and i love the felt flower!