Thursday, March 24, 2011

Flower fun!

As spring approaches, our surrounding blossom into newly refreshed life. It is much to cold and snowy here for flowers yet so I went to work having fun creating my own little indoor blossoms!


I added a little twist to my layers. Leaving the bottom layer straight still giving a nice clean feel. I applied a coat of Ranger Distress Rock Candy to a couple of the birdhouses, and Ranger Glossy Accents to the bird. I dry brushed a dab of Ranger Distress paint to my Jillibean Soup corrugated flowers. While the paint dried, I created a paper rosette to use as one flower center.


I adheared a button tied with a burlap string for the other flower center and attached to a denim flower cut from a pieces of hubby‘s pants. I love the added texture from the Jillibean Soup Bean Seed leaves!


My favorite flowers on here are some I created by using my Jillibean stamp and some burlap!! I put the button sticker onto a chipboard circle to give it more dimension.


I hand stitched around the Jillibean Soup Sprout. Again using my Ranger Rock Candy paint, I dry brushed a bit around the edges of the numbers. I created the charm by hand cutting a heart and adhering it to silver mirror cardstock.


I cut around the heart leaving a silver edge mimicking a metal frame. Once cut, I applied a heavy coat of Ranger glossy accents to mimic a glass cover. Using a pieces of craft wire, I formed a ring and tied a piece of Jillibean Soup Bean Stalks through and tied to the number three.


Another rosette flower.


I used pop dots through out the layout for dimension and added interest!



I hope you enjoyed wandering through my garden today!

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

kim c said...

some of my favorite things on this layout. anything corrugated, ranger distress, and jillibean. so of course i love this layout. if you haven't already, you should link to Paper Issues. have a great day.

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Jodi, I love this layout about you. I have to say my favorite is the burlap flowers. Great idea. You know I love Jillibean.