Friday, September 3, 2010

September already?!

Hello!! August was a crazy month , bogged down by allergies to boot!
I am not ready for the summer to end, but I am definitely ready for the heat and humidity to go away! One of the advantages of summer coming to an end is Fall! I love fall! Gorgeous colors radiate everywhere. Perfect temperatures where you can get outside and enjoy the beautiful transformations taking place. Another of my fall favorites is football! My son has decided to play this year. In the past, he has chosen harvest over playing on the team…a true farm boy! Football photos to come, guaranteed!

Speaking of my son, today is his 17th birthday. Raising kids is one of the greatest gifts god has given us. So many beautiful moments, as well as challenging ones that make us all grow. As time passes, all those birthdays become bittersweet. I love to see him change and become a young man, but how I wish I could hug and snuggle the little guy he used to be.
Happy 17th Birthday Drew!!

I know several of you are planning some scrappy time this long weekend. How about checking out the challenge over at Dirty Scraps. Scrappy Jo’s has donated an awesome prize! The DT has some incredible examples to share…go take a peek! Dirty Scraps

And finally, I have finished my first project with my Life Preservers Scrapbook Kit Club August Kit. Yes, this a grainy old photo of myself! Aren’t I adorable? He he I love the Vintage feel of these October Afternoon patterns. I added a bit of black behind everything to really make those patterns pop. I added a dot of Stickles in the center of the X’s on the background paper, and added dimension by placing the little quote on my Helmar pop dots. Click on the photo to enlarge for a better view.

Of course I have to have my accessories, but I didn’t want to hide the pattern paper so I dug out some of my Heidi Swapp Ghost Shape Flowers. I double layered the flowers with a thin pop dot between the layers for dimension. I curled the edges of the flowers with my fingers, and added a thin line of stickles down the center of the petals of the top layer. Then, attached the assembled flower with my Helmar pop dots.


Ingredients: Life Preservers Scrapbook Kit Club August Alternate Kit; black cardstock; Heidi Swapp ghost shapes; Ranger Stickles; buttons; hemp; Jenny Bowlin pin; jewels

Have a fun and safe long weekend! Stop back next week when reveal a couple new challenges!


4 comments:

Thoughts2Paper said...

I seen this on facebook gorgeous

Laura-Lee said...

Stunning layout Jodi! I love it!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Beautiful work with that kit, Jodi! I absolutely love that photo of you! Just darling!

Leah's Crafty Life said...

How beautiful!! I just love it.