Tuesday, July 6, 2010

lots of fun!

Did you enjoy the holidays?! For the first time in 3 years, I took a week off work!! I am definitely enjoying a much needed break!

I took a little time to play with the Life Preservers May Alternate kit featuring the Sassafras Lass Nerdy Bird line.
A while back, I found this watering can pattern on Splitcoaststampers.com. Isn’t it darling?! Perfect for these fun bright papers!!



Using my Cricut and Walk in my Garden cartridge, I cut flowers and layered them for dimension. I used lots of stickles, Glossy Accents, and pop dots to give the flowers a little extra texture and dimension!

Non kit items: Stampin’ Up marker; eyelet, tag, stickers, and jute , Stickles, Glossy Accents, Shimmerz paint, floral wire

I have also been playing with my June Featured Kit from Life Preservers. It is a wonderful blend of old and new, elegant and fun featuring papers from Scribble Scrabble and 7Gypsies.

The yellow paper is so soft and pretty, I knew right away I need to use it for something elegant. What better what than to highlight these wedding photos of my parents.


The leaves and flowers were cut using the Storybook and Walk in my Garden cartridges with my Cricut.

Non kit items: Creative Charms Vintage Brads; Creative Charms Butterflies; Creative Charms Organza flower; Kaiser pearls; Ranger distress ink; Pink Paislee Artisian Elements; Glimmer Mist; border punches (EK Success, Martha Stewart); floral pearls


As soon as I saw this background paper, I knew it would be perfect for this old (ancient, my kids would say! LOL!!) photo of my siblings and myself. I want to add the date on the left side yet, but I need to double check the correct date with my mom…I am guessing ‘78.



I used lots of pop dots for dimension.

Non kit items: Ranger Distress Ink; Jenny Bowlin button; Kaiser wood flourish; MME journaling cards and title; Maya Road pin; ribbon


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Gorgeous work, Jodi! I love the wedding page!