Monday, September 14, 2009

glub glub, gasping for air!

Wow! What a wild and crazy scrappy week it’s been! Talk about tension and pressure!! The final layout for the TS contest is due today! Tomorrow is the deadline for the LP Design team call. AND our challenge for the LP contest this week is to scap all we can for points!! I still need to post last weeks BSH layout but I want to make a couple alterations so it won’t happen until later in the week!

Here is my final lo for the Treasured Scrapbooking contest!




One photo
Orange - button, ink, flowers
Green - button, ink, pp (leaves)
Two different alpha in title
5 buttons exactly
Ticket
“if I could change one thing about myself…”

Journaling reads:
Lord, when I look at my reflection in the mirror, I see so many flaws. What I lack in height, I more than make up for around my middle. My face is too round, and my hair too shaggy. The more age becomes apparent, the longer my list grows. The deeper I look into my heart and soul, the more imperfections I wish I would outgrow. I sometimes have difficulty remembering that You created me as I am, a 100% unique design. There are so many things that I don’t like about me. I struggle with who I am as a person. You loved me even before I was born. You
gave me certain qualities so that I may serve a specific purpose. If I could change one thing about myself, I would have a hard time passing the opportunity. But those modifications would alter the person who you intended me to be. Help me accept myself, and to grow to see myself as the shining masterpiece as seen through your eyes. I struggle with remembering that I am important. Even the sparrow is cared for under your watchful eye.

“Why should I feel discouraged. Why should the shadows come. Why
should my heart feel lonely. And long for heaven and home. When Jesus
is my portion. A constant friend is He . His eye is on the sparrow. And I
know He watches over me. His eye is on the sparrow. And I know He
watches me. I sing because I'm happy. I sing because I'm free. His eye is on
the sparrow. And I know He watches me (He watches me). His eye is on the
sparrow. And I know He watches. I know He watches. I know He watches me.”


All papers and elements were inked and distressed.


To create the orange flowers, I cut scalloped circles then snipped petals. I lightly brushed on orange distress ink, gradually getting heavier on the ends in some areas. I finished by lightly brushing on hot pink ink, adding a flower and brad.


The denim flower - I cut denim from Dh’s old pants into circles. I cut a smaller circle of lace, then added a flower and button.


The branch was cut from cardboard. I then glued on the burlap. I frayed the edges and inked with distress ink.





The bird is grunge board covered with corduroy. Again, I frayed the edges. I added a pearl for the eye, and a bit of trim for the wing.

I hand wrote the tag and inked.




The leaves -I stamped two types of leaves onto pattern paper then cut them out and inked. The other type was cut from cardstock and pattern paper using the cricut. I then inked those also, finishing with the emboss folder


I strung the beads by hand onto wire so that I could pose them how I wanted them.


I embossed the heart on the journaling tab





Thank you for your support, and best wishes! Keep your fingers crossed for me!! It could be a couple looooong days before they post the winner!!

3 comments:

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

This is just simply stunningly beautiful! Every place your eye looks sees something even more beautiful than the next. You are so very talented. That journaling is wonderfully heartfelt. Super Super Super!!

Unknown said...

OMG Jodi...i am in tears!! You are a beautiful lady and a wonderful scrapper!! This is AWESOME! congratulations on winning the contest and good luck with your DT submissions. xoxo

Amy said...

OMG....your journaling here is amazing & I hope you don't mind if I 'Lift' this whole idea. I'm hosting a year long 'Book of Me' project over at Cookin' Up Creations & this would fit perfectly for a LO I need to work on entitled 'I'm SO Not Perfect'.