Monday, July 20, 2009

another happy scrappy day!

Another happy day in my little scrappy world! First I opened the newsletter from Treasured Scrapbooking to discover that DT member Karen, selected my layout for a lift, (btw, hers is absolutely beautiful) then gave a super nice plug, to my gallery! What a sweet surprise!!http://reallifeinpictures.blogspot.com/2009/07/lift-lane-inspired-by-jodi.html

Later in the afternoon, I find out I’ve been selected to design for scrapFIT!! Yay! I am sooo excited to get started! Yes, I am well aware of the fact that I should shed a few pounds, but that is not what this is all about! This is a new challenge board, where the main objective is to scrap our sporty/outdoorsy photos. Over the years, I have accumulated quite a few photos from wrestling, hunting, 4 wheelers,wrestling, baseball, wrestling, fishing, snowmobiling, oh, and did I mention wrestling?! For some reason, I have a tendency to overlook these photo when I scrap. Hurray for my new incentive!! The first challenge goes up on the board August 1st! Come and check us out!

So, you are wondering how the LP crop went? Awesome!!! The Design Team had some great challenges, and super fab make ‘n takes. If you weren’t able to participate over the weekend, never fear, you can still check out the board and do everything for fun. Seriously, that has to be one of the best crops ever!!! I didn’t get a chance to participate in many of the games or challenges yet, but all in all, it was a productive weekend.

First of all, I finally got the shelves hung and everything put away in my office/scrap room. It almost looks good enough to call a studio!








I did complete two of the challenges. The first was a sketch/recipe where we needed doodling, handwriting, rubon, and a summery photo. My layout doesn’t resemble her sketch much, but it was my inspiration!




The second challenge was to scrap a “bad” photo. The photo I chose is my grandmothers graduation photo. It is actually a photo of a bad scan of an old photo! It is precious, none the less!




I sprayed the flourish with glimmer mist, then double layered with pop dots. The tissue paper flower was made for one of the make ‘n takes.




Check out these cards! These were inspired by Sandra. First, she showed us how to create a flower with mini paper cones….of course I had to add my own twist and create the cones from scalloped circles instead of plain circles…..they are cute though, aren’t they?!




And last but not least, my favorite project of the weekend, this fun cupcake card! I cut my pattern of the cupcake from Doodlecharm Cricut cartridge. I used core’dinations cardstock for the bottom. I embossed the lines, then sanded them. I used brads and stickles for the “sprinkles” on the frosting. I put a small craft wire between the candle and flame to make it stand out just a bit. I found a rubon saying "Savor the day" How fun is that?!



Thanks for stopping by!!
See you later in the week!

8 comments:

Eva said...

Ohhh...your room looks awesome and WOW on the gorgeous layouts and cards...love everything I see!

Dolores said...

love the room, and the layouts are fabulous

Nicole said...

You rearranged your scrap room! Love the new look. I should stop down & see it in real life. :) That card with the flower on it is so cute & your layouts are gorgeous as usual!

Kelly B Rutherford said...

Jodi awesome stuff. I LOVE THOSE CARDS in the lime rickey paper. that cupcake is too darn cute.

Tracey Taylor said...

Wowzers...what beautiful work and a fantastic room to play in!

Karen said...

Love your scraproom! Beautiful. And, your creations are so gorgeous Jodi!

Happy Sunday!
Karen

Shirley said...

Beautiful work and love that tractor photo! You have a great style!

Julie said...

love your scrap spot!! fabulous work too!